Wednesday 10 November 2010

Reasons for Choosing Patience

Although my pitch was one of the chosen few to be selected after the pitching process, I knew there were a few holes regarding technical aspects within the film. Without these technical aspects the film would not work as a whole. For example I had not thought about the apartment in which the soldier was staying before the drop. I had not considered lighting, textures and styles of the furnishings. The Helicopters had not been designed fully to warrant a decent model. I had not considered the music and sound effects needed for the piece.

The story itself is sound, however there are quite a few things that need to be resolved. I strongly believe that the tutors chose my idea for its visual look and the not the story. This was partly why I chose to work on my brother's project. The primary reason for working on my brothers idea was that I knew he had considered all the aspects of his film which include music, lighting, space, furnishings, textures. All these things coupled with a strong script as well as a storyboard meant that all the pre production had been done before term time. Chris also produced some character concepts and mood pieces to show how exactly he wanted the light to effect the scene in his story. The idea made perfect sense and I knew that there would be no discrepancies in the production process.

I chose to work on Christopher's short film purely for professional reasons and I strongly believe that I made the right decision based on the information that has been made readily available to me.


No comments:

Post a Comment