Sunday 12 June 2011

Final Character Tweaks

Today I concerned myself with adjusting the textures for the character and improve the quality of its positioning ready for lighting. Primarily I wanted to asses the way in which the textures reacted to the light levels in each scene so that it would not be jarring on the eye. When I had completed the initial test renders I noticed that the eyebrows and their positioning on the face was too high in relation to the brow ridge. This was simply rectified by moving the eyebrows down in photoshop and reapplying the new texture.

I also wanted to observe how the hair texture would react to certain light levels. At this point I believed that the hair looked far to fair when illuminated so I adjusted the brightness, saturation and colour hue off the hair UV's to better suite the character. I decided to go with a dark mousey brown colour that would react well to the lighting in the scenes.

I thought it would be a good time to apply the necessary textures on the eyes which would be one of the most important aspects of the character. The eyes themselves would help the audience relate to the character and understand hi plight. It was paramount to get the reflectivity of the eye to a level that we were happy with and would reflect what little light there was in the scene. By applying some reflective blinns and adjusting the eccentricity, specular colour and roll off I was able to create some very realistic eyes that would react to points of light.

I was very happy with the final render as all the elements came together to achieve a moody look that we wanted. The render itself conveys Franks physical frame as well as his emotional state. I believe that the animations will look very professional when composited.







No comments:

Post a Comment