Thursday 9 June 2011

Problems Rendering

Having a few problems today when rendering the character. When I tried completing a test render for the completed animation I noticed that the characters body had not been rendered. I tried rendering in mental ray as well as maya software, both of which rendered similar results. Initially I assumed that the problem was either down to inverted normals or the fact that the body surface had no textureS assigned. The problem was neither as I discovered that the problem resided in the fact that the render stats had been changed when the character had been rigged in a more up to date program. The issue was quickly resolved as by turning on various rendering attributes that would reflect colour and receive shadows.

I must say that the incident did concern me as the deadline was fast approaching and we still need to render the shots. Unfortunately there is always something that stalls production.


No comments:

Post a Comment