Tuesday 24 May 2011

Texturing the hair

Below are the hair textures I have been working on this week which will be used for Franks hair. The texture itself is a 3.5k snapshot that was taken in the Uv texture editor. When creating the textures I had to consider Frank's age as well as the concepts that had been done early in the development stage. Chris wanted a mousey brown look with white hair at the sides which would give an indication of his age. My early texures had too much red in them so I had to adjust the saturation and colour balance within photoshop to get the right hair colour. Chris had said early on in production that he wanted the character to be reminiscent of Mr Incredible.

The texturing process took a little longer than expected for a multitude of reasons one of them being computer software errors. Because the texture file was quite large this caused some lagging issues when saving. The only way to solve the problem was to restart the computer. I had to do this several times which slowed down production, unfortunately this cannot be helped as I am using a laptop.

Another set back cropped up when I tried to open the most recent texture to apply to the model and change the colour slightly. When I opened the texture in Photoshop it created a noisy image which can be seen below. The file had somehow become unreadable and I had to revert to adapting an older save file. This was very annoying but I did complete the texture the same day.









No comments:

Post a Comment