Saturday 28 May 2011

Vest Uv

Here are a the Uv textures I created for Frank's vest which I created using photoshop. I took a snapshot of the UV frame in Maya and exported it as jpg with a large resolution. Chris supplied me with the basic fabric texture and I added some sweat patches and stains to make the object a little less regular and more realistic. To create the bump I desaturated the image using an adjustment layer and increased the contrast slightly. I need to apply this texture to the vest object to see what it looks like when lit.

When creating the majority of the textures for Frank I felt that the textures needed to be of high quality so I increased the resolution of the images. The results are of a good quality and react well when lit in the right way. I had tried using 2k textures b4, however, they lost huge amounts of quality and looked mediocre at best. There a few close up shots where these high res textures will be needed. So far I am happy with the test renders I have set up in mental ray.
Now its just a case of applying all the textures to the upper body and se how they react to the lights in a particular scene.



No comments:

Post a Comment